- 100% green energy use in our winery, in part supplied by our own array of 159 solar panels
- Extensive insulation of our winery and bottle store to minimize energy consumption
- Adaptation of wine making practices to significantly reduce on-site energy use
- Year-round maintenance of grass cover in alleys and headlands to reduce soil erosion and compaction
- Use of sheep over winter in the vineyard to control ground cover and provide manure (we adopted four orphan lambs who help with this!)
- Under vine cultivation to reduce use of herbicides
- Application of green compost to improve soil structure and fertility
- Extensive soil nutrient mapping and band application equipment ensure we only add chemical nutrients exactly when and where required.