Please choose your wines to be added to your mixed case. You will receive a 10% discount on all wines.
Showing 1–9 of 10 results
£14.95 Add to basket
As England’s first Frizzante, this is a delightfully new and light-hearted way to enjoy our ever-popular Bacchus wine. Produced via tank fermentation, this lightly sparkling style fills the mouth with a gentle creamy effervescence that beautifully compliments the elegance and crisp freshness of the wine. The addition of only a small amount of sugar for the second fermentation in tank delivers the ‘lighter fizz’ and at just 2 bar pressure allows us to bottle under screw cap. The ‘tank method’, without the prolonged lees contact ageing of our traditional bottle fermented sparkling wines, also lends itself to creating this lighter, fresher fruit focussed style of wine.
The beautiful image of a murmuration of starlings over the iconic West Pier in Brighton was drawn for us by tattoo artist, Jo Chastney.
Serve: On its own, ideal as an aperitif with nuts, olives or cheese; lightly spiced lean cured meat (like bresaola),parmiggiano with rocket, grilled or steamed salty vegetables such as: broccoli tender stems, asparagus, mushrooms and various kinds of pasta.
Or try a Frizzante Cocktail – a dash of Elderflower cordial, topped with Frizzante…delicious
£52.55 Add to basket
Pinot Noir is now the most widely planted variety in the UK, surpassing Chardonnay for the first time. Primarily used as the lead component of many traditional method sparkling wines, it is also the most widely planted variety in Champagne. However, it is only from Albourne Estate, that you can try three wines made from Pinot Noir grown in the same vineyard in three completely different styles:
- A traditional bottle-fermented and lees aged white sparkling wine
- A barrel-matured light-bodied and smooth still red wine
- A tank fermented refreshing and crisp still white wine
For ENGLISH WINE WEEK we are offering this 3 bottle case (one bottle of each wine) at a special price of £52.55 (15% off RRP). The case will include full Tasting Notes. Compare the wines for yourself to see how winemaking practices can dramatically change the style and character of the wines we make.
Why not ask your friends to order a case and run your own online tasting and compare notes?
Which do you think is the most successful style for us? We would love to hear your views.
£22.95 Add to basket
As its name suggests this wine is made of selected base wines from multiple vintages to produce an approachable and immediately enjoyable style. Others call this style ‘non-vintage’ – we just prefer the name ‘multi-vintage’!
This wine represents excellent value for money given its time on lees.
- Cepage: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier
- Minimum time on lees: 24 months
- Style: Approachable and expressive
- Dosage: Brut (9g/L sugar)
- Tasting Notes: Burnished copper gold. Generous and soft on the palate, this wine is open and expressive, exhibiting delightful panettone-like aromas of sweet baked bread, dried apricots, nuts and candied citrus peels, courtesy of its extended time on lees.
- Food Match Suggestion: The balance of this wine make it ideal to drink on its own or with a wide array of dishes. The Italians have a phrase to describe this type of wine, ‘vino a tutto pasto’, we think it sums it up well!
£28.95 Add to basket
This “white of whites” is made from selected hand-picked Chardonnay grapes using the highest quality cuvée to create a sparkling wine which is all about elegance, finesse and subtle complexity. Moving on from the very successful 2013, our 2014 vintage offers a fuller and richer, textured style with the same characteristic aromas of baked apple and pastry.
- Cepage: 100% Chardonnay
- Minimum time on lees: 36 months
- Style: Rich & Elegant
- Dosage: Brut (5g/L sugar)
- Tasting Notes: Textured and opulent with baked apple, almond, patisserie and citrus aromas
- Food Match suggestions: Crab Salad, Prawns with butter or garlic, Normandy Pork Casserole, Mussels with tomato, parsley and garlic sauce, Roasted chicken breast with herbs (sage, thyme, oregano), Mushroom & Truffle Risotto
£28.95 Add to basket
The beautiful rose gold colour of our Blanc de Noirs comes from the gentle whole bunch pressing of Pinot Noir grapes (hence, “white of blacks”). Coupled with extended on-lees ageing this has created a rich, complex and full sparkling wine with mature autolytic character and hints of red fruit notes.
- Cepage: 100% Pinot Noir
- Minimum time on lees: 44 months
- Style: Rich & Autolytic
- Dosage: Extra Brut (5g/L sugar)
- Tasting Notes: A fine persistent mousse, expressive complex nose of raspberry, white chocolate and brioche. Smooth and poised in the mouth with a vibrant acidity and lingering finish.
- Food Match suggestion: Deep fried mushrooms, Game terrine, Black pudding with scallops, Seafood and saffron risotto, Spaghetti carbonara
£22.95 OUT OF STOCK
Made from Pinot Noir crushed grapes this is a rosé with real Pinot character – deep vibrant pink and expressive red fruit. The 18 months on-lees is enough to add an extra dimension without compromising the exuberant expression of the 2015 harvest.
- Cépage: Pinot Noir
- Minimum time on lees: 18 months
- Style: Fresh & fruit-expressive
- Dosage: Brut (0g/L sugar)
- Tasting Notes: Vivid red fruit nose and rich Pinot palate with a refreshing crisp acidity
- Food Match suggestion: Lamb tagine, Carpaccio, Duck with blackberry sauce
£35.00 OUT OF STOCK
Our signature premium blend using only our finest base wines from the three classic champagne varieties plus Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris to create a complex, multi-layered and refined sparkling wine with a firm back bone of acidity. Extended on-lees aging has imparted the wine with rich autolytic notes that intermingle seamlessly with the fresh fruit flavours.
- Cepage: Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc & Pinot Gris
- Minimum time on lees: 44 months
- Style: Refined & Complex
- Dosage: Brut (6g/L sugar)
- Tasting Notes: Aromatically complex, blending white stone fruit with sweet spice and rich biscuity notes. Similarly multi-layered on the palate with fresh fruit flavours intermingling with richer dried fruits.
- Food Match suggestion: Smoked Trout, Hard Cheeses, Duck breast , Carpaccio with rocket leaves, roasted loin of pork